Each year Darkness descends from Surly Brewing with an epic day of beer badassery, music, and much more. The Darkness Day 2019 details just dropped. Here’s why you’ve got to attend.
Darkness Day 2019
After years at their original Brooklyn Center brewery, Surly moved Darkness Day to Somerset, WI last year, which is where it will return again for 2019. Saturday, September 28th is the official event, but they’re kicking things off with all kinds of madness on Friday the 27th too.
This year the original label are is from Tim Chapman and features a six-limbed fiend destroying the brewery in search of beer.
Dawn Of Darkness
Surly will unleash this epic weekend experience with Dawn Of Darkness, a beer fest that’ll include 20 guest breweries, along with their own offerings. This will be a great way to begin the weekend, with a beer fest on Friday night.
Sample all you like from awesome brewers including:
- Bottle Logic (Anaheim, CA)
- Brickstone Brewing (Bourbonnais, IL)
- Casey Brewing and Blending (Glenwood Springs, CO)
- Champion Brewing Co. (Charlottesville, VA)
- Culmination Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Ecliptic Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Great Notion Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Hailstorm Brewing Co. (Tinley Park, IL)
- J Wakefield Brewing (Miami, FL)
- Mikerphone Brewing (Elk Grove Village, IL)
- Other Half Brewing (Brooklyn, NY)
- Phase Three Brewing (Chicago, IL)
- Sun King Brewing (Indianapolis, IN)
- Superstition Meadery (Prescott, AZ)
- Taxman Brewing Co. (Bargersville, IN)
- The Rare Barrel (Berkeley, CA)
- Three Weavers Brewing (Inglewood, CA)
- TRVE Brewing Co. (Denver, CO)
- Wren House Brewing Co. (Phoenix, AZ)
DJ Lori Barbero (of Babes In Toyland) will be spinning music Friday, while you enjoy the beer festivities and bottle sharing.
Rock all night long or try to get a bit of sleep at the camp grounds for the craziness on Saturday.
Try not to tie one on too hard Friday because you’ve got a big day on Saturday. Cook up a hearty breakfast around the campfire, shower off the shame in the nearby bathroom facilities, and be ready when things get going at 11am.
Grab bottles of Darkness 2019 (up to 6 per person) and pickup your Darkness variants. They’ll also have an assortment of rare and exclusive bottles to buy.
Timed tappings, crazy casks, Darkness variants, and much more beer action will be rocking throughout the day. Lots of awesome options will make for no shortness of drink. Food trucks to fill your fix too.
Long known for the metal, Darkness Day 2019 mixes things up a bit with metal and more.
- God Came From Space
- The Blind Shake
- The Black Lips
Look for additional acts to be added too.
2019 Darkness Variants
Last year Surly introduced three Darkness variants and this year they’ve done so again. Available exclusively with the variant ticket package, 2019 brings this killer new combos:
- Mole Darkness – bourbon barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout brewed with vanilla beans, chocolate, cinnamon, and chilis.
- Double Stuffed Darkness – rum barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout with vanilla bean and cacao added.
- Old Fashioned Darkness – Rye barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout with Moroccan sweet orange peel added.
Staying & Shuttling
All of the ticket packages include a reserved campground spot and parking. Without a doubt, staying the night is the best way to experience Darkness Day. No worries about driving or missing any of the action.
For those who’s parents won’t let them sleep over, Surly will have a shuttle available to and from the event both Friday and throughout the day on Saturday. Grab a pass so you can still enjoy some fun.
Welcome The Darkness
Darkness Day is an amazing weekend filled with beer, music, and madness. 2019 continues to add to the awesome event with subtle changes to make it even better all around.
Head over to the SurlyDarknessDay.com website to grab your ticket package now and be ready for when darkness falls.